Re: Odd problem with PAM and KDM

David Goodenough wrote:

On Tuesday 09 March 2004 15:12, Kent West wrote:
David Goodenough wrote:
I have a laptop which has been running Debian for around 2 years now, with
a user ID for me which works just fine.  I can log on to a line mode
console or use KDM to log on to KDE - no problems.  The machine is
running Sid, and is pretty well up to date.

Recently I added a user ID for my son so that he could use this machine
for some school work.  He claims he did nothing out of the ordinary, but
after a history lesson he stopped being able to log into KDE [but can log into a console].

Can you log into KDM? (IOW, does it just affect his account?)
Yes, my account behaves perfectly normally, and has done so both before
and after his account was created.  I think it may be all new accounts
that have this problem. I created another account, and that too had the problem.

How did you create the accounts? Using "adduser" or some other method?

--
Kent