Re: Network setup problems (formerly Can anyone give me a clue)

Ken Januski declaimed:
> I still have the problem of not being able to use pon and ethernet and
> same time but at least I'm headed back in the right direction.
>
> I continue to get "Can't get terminal parameters: input/output error"
> when trying to run pon with ethernet up.
Disclaimer: I don't know much about pon or ppp on Linux. However, from
my experience running dual-NIC systems the most common snafu is improper
routing tables. The route command is your friend, use it to see which
interface is used by default and make changes to the routing table. A
real sysadmin should now jump in and offer truly helpful advice here...

HTH, PM
--
Paul Mackinney
paul@mackinney.net