Re: How to install testing package in Stable distn

Hello

sara (<srps1579@yahoo.co.in>) wrote:

> I want to install a package(OpenVPN) in
> testing/unstable distribution in my woody
> distribution.Is it possible?.If yes how plz explain it briefly.

In many cases it is more or less impossible, for example because the
packages in testing were built against libraries that are not available
in Woody (at least in that version), or because a newer compiler
version was used to build them (important for C++ programs/libraries).
You should try to find some backported package. Go to
<http://www.apt-get.org>.

best regards
        Andreas Janssen

PGP-Key-ID: 0xDC801674