Re: stretching movies in mplayer

hi ya xavier

On Mon, 8 Mar 2004, Xavier Andrade wrote:

> On Sun, 7 Mar 2004, Alvin Oga wrote:
> [...]
> >
> > what was the exact "xv" option ???
> >
> > the xinerama  being turned on, let me move xterm and other x11 apps
> > split across the 2 monitors ... and presumably 4 monitors..
> > but mplayer will only play on 1 monitor
> > 	- tried various options
> >

> It was a agp nvidia tnt2 card with the nvidia driver and a pci ati mach64
> with ati.2 gatos driver, xfree 4.2 (from sid) and mplayer (version
> dev-CVS-040127-02:00-3.3.3) with -vo xv (the default).
>
> You could also use "-vo x11 -zoom" that will render directly using X and
> should always work in xinerama (but it's slower).

i've been using the MPlayer-1.0pre[1,2,3] series from mplayerhq.hu

i've been playing with matrox g200, g450, g550..
	and i was hoping to try g550-mms to see if it'd solve
	the problems but didnt spend the dough yet

	and i have the ati and few other dual port cards
	which all works fine with dual screens ... xinerama mode

	just mplayer failed ... maybe i need your options you listed
	and mplayer is the gizmo that had to work :-)

and at least ... if one uses the -sub subtitle4mpeg.txt option, you can
add ( overlay ) text subtitles to the mpeg movie as its playing
and the original *.mpeg remains unmodified

i dont have my test rig for dual/quad screens right now ...
and will keep ya'll posted

thanx
alvin