Re: Pentium 100Mhz New User

Tomy Alarie wrote:

Kent West wrote:

I try to always use a video driver that matches the video chipset, falling back to VESA if that doesn't work, falling back to fb if that doesn't work.

lspci

should give you a good indication of what video chipset you have.

Where do i write that ? At prompt ?

Yes, at a prompt.

I also have another problem, my mouse work so it entered in a kde session and after that when i restart, it do a "graphical login" but i don't see anything only half of the screen ? What are the keys i can press (cause i dont see underlined keys ) to log out of that and go to a prompt login ?

Ctrl-Alt-F2 should get you to the second virtual terminal.

Then you can play with your X settings with "dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xfree86", followed by a restart of KDM with "/etc/init.d/kdm restart" (which will automatically take you back to VT7 where KDM runs usually, so you'll have to Ctrl-Alt-F2 back to VT2 if you need to).

--
Kent