Re: VT6105 LAN on motherboard working with Debian stable 3.0r2

On 7 Mar 2004 at 11:15, Stefan Bellon wrote:

> I have that mainboard (but the 600 MHz Samuel 2 version) and happily
> run Debian GNU/Linux on it.
...snip
> So, perhaps the kernel you (the original poster) are using is too old?

Turns out to be the case indeed and it's a bit of a Debian specific
pain though not that difficult to solve in the end: you need at least
a 2.4.19 kernel or else you have to compile the driver separately
from source (which I managed once but then opted to compile the
2.4.19 kernel source which is supplied in Debian stable (=3.0r2 =
Woody) though that's only there for the MIPS installations in
principle.  Another way would be to go for a backport from
	http://www.backports.org/debian/dists/woody/

Cheers,

Chris
PSYCTC: Psychotherapy, Psychology, Psychiatry, Counselling
   and Therapeutic Communities; practice, research,
   teaching and consultancy.
Chris Evans & Jo-anne Carlyle
http://psyctc.org/ Email: chris@psyctc.org