Re: ATI Radeon 7500 & Woody - Unknown Chipset (0x5157)

'Afraid I can't remember the details, it was some time ago. I think there are various versions of the Radeon chip and the 7500 was new when 4.1 came out. I found a reference to problems with 4.1 so tried 4.2 and all my problems went away so I assumed that version was needed for the 7500.

Regards

Tony.

Kenneth Jacker wrote:
  tm> I have a 7500 ...

Is anyone else besides Tony using this controller with Woody?

  tm> ... and I don't beleive X 4.1 supports it.

I have a hunch you are speaking from *experience* -- the most valuable
position!

But why do these links (including one from the official 'xfree86.org'
site) imply that v4.1 *does* support it?

     http://www.xfree86.org/4.1.0/Status6.html#6

     http://www.linuxforum.com/linux-hardware/video.html

Thanks for your help!

  -Kenneth