Re: [HELP] Machine "sleeps" so cron-jobs and shutdown don't work.

Preben Randhol wrote:

Tom Allison <tallison@tacocat.net> wrote on 07/03/2004 (13:38) :
To my knowledge, you have to have the machine awake since crontab is running against an internal clock. Once ACPI/APM put it to sleep, nothing in the kernel code will wake it up. Only BIOS or LAN settings will do that.

You'll have to leave it on, or look into anacron to capture cron jobs after it wakes up.

Yes, I was leaving it on that was the problem. However, yesterday I
discovered a BIOS setting which I had misunderstood and it seems that
this was my problem. After turning it off then the machine started
working correctly :-)

please elaborate on the description of the bios setting?
then at least i will know which way to set to allay a future problem:-)

stephen