Re: unexplained network problems

Marty Landman <MLandman@face2interface.com> writes:

> woody:~# more /var/log/kern.log | grep eth0
> Mar  4 09:11:41 woody kernel: eth0: Lite-On 82c168 PNIC rev 33 at
> 0xe400, 00:A0:CC:40:3E:9B, IRQ 11.

[ . . . ]

Oh, I see you found the logs.

Well, obviously the driver didn't write anything relevant to the
logs.  And I now see that the driver only writes information about
transmission errors when its debug flag is set higher than the
default.

Now that your machine's been running for a while without trouble, does
the "ifconfig" output show any accumulated transmission errors?

If not, I think your best bet is to try swapping cards with your
wife's machine to determine whether it's really a hardware or software
problem.

--
Kevin <buhr@telus.net>