Re: Opinions on some Debian books? - books

On Fri, 5 Mar 2004, Douglas Pollard wrote:

> This past Sunday I was getting desperate for a good book on Debian in a
> hurry. I drove 60 miles to the nearest Barns and Nobles store and found one

thats a good haul ... yo must live out in the desert by an oasis ?? :-)

>     My point is why would Barns and Noble not have Debian books . I
> complained to the manager and his answer was he didn't know why but he would
> find out and E-mail me. Nothing yet???
>     If this is standard practice for them it is not good PR for debian. If
> you go in a store and they don't have Debian books Fuss at'em

most large stores ( no matter what they carry ) will only carry what
sells ... and/or what people tell them to carry at all stores
	- some grocery stores will carry spices that matches the general
	mix of their neighborhood

for local bookstores here.. all the good ones the way of the dinosaur in
germanium valley
	- digital guru is the only one left .. ( storewise )
	other than b/n

there should be enuff demands for "good techie books" that are
something between the LDP howto and the full blown novels(books)
but also priced at say $5-$10ea w/ cdrom to cover costs only ...
	- anybody know a book printer looking to unload their machines

	- or just print the "hardcopy/paperback" manual and give it away

c ya
alvin