Re: installation

Jeff Loy wrote:

When I enter the "vanilla" at the boot prompt, and the installation process begins, it hangs up at the line "Serial driver version 4.27 with HUB-6 MANY_PORTS MULTIPORT SHARE_IRQ enabled". At this point, I have to unplug the computer and plug it back in to reboot. I have a new computer with Windows XP already installed on the hard drive I am trying to install Debian on. The hard disk already has a second partition to install Debian to. Any help would be appreciated.

Create a Job Alert on MSN Careers and enter for a chance to win $1000! http://msn.careerbuilder.com/promo/kaday.htm?siteid=CBMSN_1K&sc_extcmp=JS_JASweep_MSNHotm2

Try using the bf 2.4 option on the boot screen. Cant remember exact but it is something like that. Then you boot on a 2.4 kernel instead of an ancient 2.2.
If that doesnt work try to remove plugandplaybios in you bios.
Kenneth.