sarge installer terminated while extracting downloaded files

Hello!

I just today tried to install sarge testing:

Downloaded 3 floppy images, proofed them,
I booted, loaded net driver, processed the
installation procedure...

but suddenly, after loading things from
ftp2.de.debian...(??) , while "extracting"
shortly befor the red bar was really at
the right end (surely letter "t" or later
of the processed files), it terminated
and told me to read /target/var/log/deboot..(?).log
and ....err.log
The second is empty, the first consists of only
on line: "tar: Unrecognised file type"

Since I don't know, which script is at work (nor
where to find it) nor where to find the files
to be processes, I can not look for reasons
for this (not very "speaking") error message .. :-(

Can anybody help?

Thanks in advance! :-)

Steffen Michalek
Freiburg, Germany
--
steffen@michalek.de
Nachrichten, Musik und Spiele schnell und einfach per Quickstart im