Re: Can anyone give me any clues as to why I need to run "ifconfig xxx down" in order to use pon and modem? I haven't had a network until recently but now that I do it would be nice to not need to turn the network off in order to use my dialup connection. Thanks for any ideas. Can't use ethernet and modem at same time

Ken writes:
> Can anyone give me any clues as to why I need to run "ifconfig xxx down"
> in order to use pon and modem?

You have probably made your network your default gateway.  You don't want
to do that.
--
John Hasler
john@dhh.gt.org