strange problem

Hello debian-user,

  i  got  a  debian machine (let's it's D) it's running on 2.4.24 SMP.
  and  a  my  own  machine which is Windows XP (let's name it X) and a
  redhat machine (the name is R) using default kernel.

  ok  the problem is, from my X machine, i can ping both machine D and
  R.  and  i can ssh, telnet, ftp, http to machine R, but i can't ssh,
  ftp, http to machine D.

  if  i  use  machine  R  to ssh, telnet, ftp or http to machine D. it
  works normally. i'm wondering what's the cause of all of this ?

  spec of machine D is:

  Asus P4C800 with on board LAN card (3c2000).
  Intel Pentium 4 3,2 GHz with HT enabled.
  and 1 GB DDR PC3200.

--
Best regards,
Tjhan Albert

"The future belongs to those who believes in the beauty of their dreams"
-Eleanor Rosevelt-