apt problem after dist upgrade, woody > sarge

I just finished doing my first distro upgrade through apt, and after doing so I get
the same dependeny problems no matter what I'm trying to install.  The out-put reads
as follows:

armagetron: Depends armagetron-common (=0.2.5.2.-3) but it is not going to be installed
	Depends: libsdl-image1.2 (>=1.2.3) but 1.2.1-2 is to be installed
	Depends: libsdl1.2debian (> 1.2.6-0) but 1.2.4-1 is to be installed

I get the same error installing openoffice, bluefish, antiword,...any program
essentially.  I don't even know why arrmagetron is in the equation.  This is on an
old laptop that I don't use for games.  Can anyone shed some light on this
situation?  Thanks.