problem with proxy server settings

I have Installed my Debian system on my Pentium 2 400 MHZ. But unfortunately I want to connect through a proxy server but during installation I have filled in the incorrect values. Now I cannot connect to the internet with my Debian system. Can anybody tell me how I can solve this without having to install my Debian system from scratch? Are there some files in which a can replace the wrong values with the good ones?Or is that a dumb remark?

greeting Paul