Futile screenshot question

Hey all,

When I try to take a single-window screenshot that is wider than my
monitor can display, all I get is the visible part of that window. I
guess there's a very logical explanation for that, but what I'd like
to know is not the reason, but if there's a way around it?

Being more specific: I wanted to take a shot of KSirtet with a multi-
player game, but with three players, a part of the window drops out of
my screen. While for some reason I expected KSnapshot to take that
into account, and to record the whole window, it indeed got the
window size correctly, but just filled the invisible part with black.
Same goes for import and the Gimp...

Is there a way to get the whole window in a screenshot, without having
to cut & paste manually?

Greets,
Tom

--
"Mongolian drivers do not care much about pedestrians."