Re: SSHD

> i'm  having  'strange'  problem with my sshd. i'm running woody. and
> here is info about my sshd.
>
> virgo:~# dpkg -l | grep -i ssh
> ii  ssh            3.4p1-1.woody. Secure rlogin/rsh/rcp replacement (OpenSSH)
>
> my sshd can accept from anymachine but my machine. i can ssh my debian
> box  via  other  linux  box.  but i can't connect via my xp machine. i
> configure  my  debian  to  accept  only  ssh v2 connection. and i have
> configure  my ssh client to connect using ssh v2 too. so, i don't know
> what's wrong with that.

I don't really understand what works and what doesn't. Maybe you could
give names to the machines above, to make it clearer, which machine
is which?

Have you got sshd installed on the machines you're trying to enter?

What do you see if you run 'slogin -v <removehost>' instead of
'slogin <remotehost>'? Does that give you any clues? Post that output
if it doesn't.

Also try adding '-d' option to where sshd is started from
/etc/init.d/sshd, restart it and then look in /var/log after you've
tried connecting. Does that give any clues about why it's failing?

Alexis