Re: Gigabit Ethernet switch using Linux?

On Tue, Mar 02, 2004 at 05:06:10PM -0800, Mike Fedyk wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> I've been looking at prices for a managed gigabit Ethernet switch, and
> thought the prices are a bit up there... :-/

Was going to refer you to the $99 Netgear gigabit 5-port switch at Frys
(outpost.com), until I saw the $1395 Netgear "Managed gigabit" 12-port
switch.

I have a neighbor who is very knowledable, so I know "it can be worth
it" -- but can you succinctly explain why?