Re: Free long distance?

On 03/02/04 12:30, Paul Johnson wrote:
On Tue, Mar 02, 2004 at 09:15:02AM -0600, Todd wrote:

Recently I read somewhere that there is a debian package that will
allow free long distance phone calls, but now I can't seem to find
it anywhere.  Is anyone familiar with this? Know the package name?

I think Vonage was mentioned a long time ago, but it's not a package,
it's a telco.  http://www.vonage.com/

Vonage is a paid voip provider. Maybe you're thinking of Free World Dialup, http://www.pulver.com/fwd/

You'll also need a linux softphone. Sounds like you forgot to search for debian packages where you'll find gphone, kphone and more. (It's on my to do list of toys....)