Re: Hardware clock, and getting it set to UTC?

Vineet Kumar <vineet@doorstop.net> writes:

> I thought that GMT was "the same" as UTC?  (At least within an
> accuracy of 1 second).

For all intents and purposes, it is.  In this case, though, WfW
helpfully set my hardware clock forward an hour in March, which I
wasn't expecting.  When I chose GMT as a time zone, I actually chose
GMT/BST.

I presume a modern Windows has a concept of system time and so forth,
and doesn't go messing around with the hardware clock, so this is
probably not a problem for dual booters.

--
Lift me down, so I can make the Earth tremble.
                                --Bucky Katt