Re: How to find WHEN a package was installed

On Mon, 01 Mar 2004 12:13:00 +0000
Colin Watson <cjwatson@debian.org> wrote:

> I'm sorry, but there's no facility in dpkg to log installations at the
> moment: it's a long-standing enhancement request. You either have to do
> it yourself, or use aptitude which I believe has installation logging
> support.
>
> If the upgrade was recent, you may be able to dig out a date by
> comparing /var/lib/dpkg/status, /var/lib/dpkg/status-old, and
> /var/backups/dpkg.status.*.
>
> Cheers,
>
> --
> Colin Watson                                  [cjwatson@flatline.org.uk]

Thanks Colin, after the searches I did on Google etc. weren't successful, I was suspecting this sort of answer  :-(

Oh well, I shall see what I can see... even if I can just find any packages upgraded yesterday that'll make me happy I think.

Pete