Re: Installation Questions

Martin Kuball wrote:
Hi!

I'm planing to install Debian on my desktop machine which already has a running Linux. But not Debian which I came to like recently because I use it on my laptop.

So here is the question. Is it possible with the debian installer to skip some of the tasks? Especially formatting the partitions and installing a new kernel? Which means I want to keep my LILO settings and everything in /boot and /lib/modules.

Thanks,

Martin

Your best bet is the chroot install.  Google for it.
I have installed Debian over a couple of dozen RH
boxes using that technique.

-Roberto