Lost isa card with Kernel 2.6

I just installed the Debian 2.6.3 kernel for i686 machines and my ISA
PNP card.  I have an old ISA Plug and Play modem that I had working in
kernel 2.4, but can't get 2.6 to recognize.  With the 2.4 kernel, I was
able to disable PNP OS in my Award BIOS, and the 2.4 Linux kernel found
the card as just another serial port.  The 2.6 kernel doesn't appear to
do this.  I tried enabling PNP OS in my BIOS, but that didn't appear to
help anything.  The pnp.txt file with the kernel source wasn't much
help.  Do I have to install the isapnptools package and configure that
like I used to have to?  Any help would be appreciated.

Rob
--
                                    |       L    I  NN N  U U  X X  O
r.rati@attbi.com            2002-03 |       L    I  N NN  U U   X
Aka Khyron the Backstabber          |       LLL  I  N  N  UUU  X X  O