Re: LILO

On Sat, Feb 28, 2004 at 10:10:29PM -0500, MacNean Tyrrell wrote:

my lilo seems to be screwed up, it
boots and I get some OS/2 thing, I even tried reinstalling debian from
net,

it ejects the disk and reboots and same thing.  What do I do?

MacNean Tyrrell wrote:

I don't think I made a rescue disk.  Am I totally screwed?

No. Boot up off your installer CD, go through the installation as far as mounting / and /usr, but DO NOT partition/initialize (skip those steps). Then shell out via Alt-F2. Run "chroot /target". Now you can edit /etc/lilo.conf to fix whatever problems it has, then run "lilo". "exit", Alt-F1 back to the installer, choose "Reboot system" and remove the installer CD. Hopefully you're now fixed. If not, provide more info (error messages, etc) (and please, don't top post).

--
Kent