Re: [OT] Dual Athlon motherboards - recommendations?

On Sat, 28 Feb 2004 21:46:11 +0000
Pigeon <jah.pigeon@ukonline.co.uk> wrote:

> Anyone care to recommend me a dual Athlon motherboard? Requirements:
>
> - cheap :-)
> - DDR 266MHz min, 333MHz preferred
> - does *NOT* have an nVidia chipset
> - 5 (or more) PCI slots, ideally inc. one 64-bit slot
> - No need for any on-board graphics/ethernet/sound etc. (though
>   on-board ethernet reduces requirement for one PCI slot)
> - ideally, available in the UK

Hello Pigeon,

For my money, the A7M266-D from Asus still takes some beating, even
though it does take away one of your slots with an included adaptor card
for USB 2, but unless you need that, you're not forced to use it. Asus
have the best motherboard manuals, also.
It's hard to get a board these days without onboard sound, I'm afraid.
There are a few around that are reasonably good value, and you're better
off searching on the manufacturers site, e.g., MSI, before looking in
the stores.
Also, a google on 2CPU will deliver a reasonable resource for advice on
dual boards.
Regards,

David.