Re: GNOME font problem.

On Fri, Feb 27, 2004 at 04:33:08PM +0000, Adam Funk said
> On Monday 23 February 2004 18:50, Adam Funk wrote:
>
> > When I installed Debian testing on my computer, I got KDE and
> > WindowMaker working but had some trouble with GNOME -- I think this
> > was
> > because of conflicts between GNOME1 and GNOME2.  I had however been
> > using several GTK- and GNOME-related packages.  I successfully
> > installed a bunch of GNOME2 packages today and can now log in from gdm
> > to GNOME, but the fonts in a number of apps now look awful and I can't
> > figure out how to fix them.  I've used gnome-font-properties to fix a
> > few things (such as the panel text in this screenshot) but others
> > (such as GIMP) won't budge.
> > http://www.ducksburg.myby.co.uk/misc/bad-fonts.png
>
> I received an e-mail suggesting that I use Rob's font guide
> http://egads.ertius.org/~rob/font_guide.txt
> which I had referred to previously, but I've gone through it again.  My
> XF86-Config-4 now includes this:
>
> Section "Files"
>         FontPath     "/var/lib/defoma/x-ttcidfont-conf.d/dirs/TrueType"
>         FontPath        "/var/lib/defoma/x-ttcidfont-conf.d/dirs/CID"
>         FontPath        "/usr/lib/X11/fonts/CID"
>         FontPath        "/usr/lib/X11/fonts/Speedo"
>         FontPath        "/usr/lib/X11/fonts/misc"
>         FontPath        "/usr/lib/X11/fonts/cyrillic"
>         FontPath        "/usr/lib/X11/fonts/100dpi:unscaled"
>         FontPath        "/usr/lib/X11/fonts/75dpi:unscaled"
>         FontPath        "/usr/lib/X11/fonts/Type1"
> EndSection
>
> I've restarted the X-server.  The GTK applications font has changed to
> something slightly less offensive but still too big.  How can I fix
> this -- can I just manually set the GTK app font somehow?

Sure, with "switch" (for GTK1.2) and "switch2" (for GTK2) from the
gtk-theme-switch package.

--
Rob Weir <rweir@ertius.org> | mlspam@ertius.org  |  Do I look like I want a CC?
Words of the day:    Watergate basement condor IRA industrial espionage hackers