Re: libGL.so.1

On Friday 27 February 2004 05:54 am, Nicos Gollan wrote:
> On Fri, 27 Feb 2004 06:35:41 -0500
>
> Antonio Rodriguez <arodriguez31@cfl.rr.com> wrote:
> > After some small disaster in my system I am still recovering. From the
> > prompt:
> > tony@hpd:~$ psi
> > psi: error while loading shared libraries: libGL.so.1: cannot open
> > shared object file: No such file or directory
> >
> > Did some research, couldn't find any relevant information. Anybody has
> > any idea?
>
> If you encounter those errors, you can try the file search at
> http://packages.debian.org and see if you can find the packages to be
> reinstalled. In your case, this is probably the xlibmesa3 package or a
> package provided by your graphics card manufacturer.
>
> After reinstallation, run ldconfig. Afterwards, the library should be
> back.

It could also be NVidia's glx libraries.  They come in two versions: one with
TLS (Thread Local Storage) that works with kernel 2.6, the other without TLS
for kernel 2.4.  If you're using NVidia's libraries, do dpkg-reconfigure
nvidia-glx, and it should ask you whether you want TLS or not, usually
defaulting to the correct answer.

Doug