Re: Tools to fix broken rar archives or pdfs?

>Pigeon <jah.pigeon@ukonline.co.uk>
>debian-user@lists.debian.org
>Date: Today 14:51:17
>>Pigeon wrote:

>>I have just downloaded the schematic for a Smart-UPS 700 in the
>>form
>>of a rar archive from some Russian site. Unfortunately, the archive
>>is
>>broken.
>>
>No Spam <nospam1@act-inc.com>
>successfully downloaded the rar file and opened it with no errors.
>I'd
>suggest that you use wget to retrieve the file and try again, unless
>you
>need the schematic mirrored somewhere.

>PJ

What ever happened to people posting recovery volumes, or par, par2
files with rar archives?  It seems that if they went to all the
trouble to make a rar archive, then they should at least put some
recovery volumes with it.  Also whats wrong with bzip2, or tar
archives? Ok Ok its a Russian site, but I thought they would prefer
open source tools, to RAR.

If you did have the recovery volumes you could just use the r option
for repair, but as No Spam, PJ said you might have to download it
again.  Or maybe  No spam, PJ could create some recovery files, and
email them to you since he already has a working copy.

Rthoreau