Tools to fix broken rar archives or pdfs?

I have just downloaded the schematic for a Smart-UPS 700 in the form
of a rar archive from some Russian site. Unfortunately, the archive is
broken. It's apparently a rar version 2.9 archive, so I built the sid
version (3.30 beta) of unrar on my woody system. This gets 99% of the
way through extracting the archive and then reports "CRC failed",
"Unexpected end of archive", "Total errors: 2". By using the -kb
option I can prevent it deleting the partial .pdf that it's extracted,
but ghostscript then reports "This file has a corrupted %%EOF marker,
or garbage after the %%EOF". Viewing the file with less shows a %%EOF
suspiciously close to the start of the file, and also some apparent
confusion as to whether lines should be terminated with 0A or 0D.

Can anyone suggest any tools that might be able to repair the damaged
archive or pdf, so that I can read at least some of it? Google hasn't
been helpful, unfortunately.

--
Pigeon

Be kind to pigeons