Re: kde addressbook data - SOLVED

On Thursday 26 February 2004 14:23, Joan Tur wrote:

> Es Dimarts Febrer 24 2004 11:38, en Richard Lyons va escriure:
> > Anyone know where it should be saved?
>
> ~/.kde/share/apps/kabc/

Thanks.  Roughly where I first looked but somehow didn't find.

My problem was that, for some reason, that directory and contents were owned
by root, so addressbook failed to save.  Unfortunately it fails silently, so
you only discoer next time you open it that it is empty.

My solution: I changed ownership (to user:user) and tried again, importing the
whole list from another machine.  Still didn't save.  I emptied all
other .vcf files from the directory and tried again.  Still didn't save.  So
I copied the std.vcf file directly via nfs to the ~/.kde/share/apps/kabc/
directory, and now it is visible to addressbook, and addressbook saves
changes.

Can't say I understand that, but at least it works.

--
richard