Re: Backup my Debian woody system

On 2004-02-26, Oliver Fuchs penned:

> What I want: I want to know if my backup strategy is working this way
> or if there is a better solution?
>
> So ... any help/advice/documentation is appreciated.

It kind of depends on whether you want to spend money on this backup.

Me, I bought a large hard drive and a usb drive enclosure.  When I want
to backup my machines, I plug in the drive and use rsync to back up
everything I care about.  The nice thing about rsync is that it is smart
about only updating files that have changed (or have changed location).

--
monique