Re: Java applet troubles on websites (Mozilla, Firefox, Konq)

David P James wrote:

>> # deb http://jopa.studentenweb.org/debian ./
>
> Thanks Wolkfgang! That set did indeed work; in Mozilla as a plugin and
> in Konqueror directly as an executable. Still not sure why they worked
> but the others didn't however.

Hi Dave,

first, you're welcome. Second, I don't really had the time to find out why
these work and others didn't, but I think it had something to do with the
'studentenweb'-version of blackdown being linked to gcc3.x instead of 2.95
- and Sid needs that of course. The blackdown version would be a so-called
'backport' for Woody.

But, as I said, this is hearsay. Glad they worked for you as well ;-)

Greetings,
wjl aka Wolfgang Lonien