Re: Debian on Dell

On Thu, 26 Feb 2004 01:34:40 -0500 (EST), Faheem Mitha <faheem@email.unc.edu> wrote:

I'm not sure of the best way to go about putting together a machine from
Dell which has good general Linux support as opposed to Red Hat support.

We're strictly a Dell house, too. However, I've successfully installed woody and sarge on Dell PowerEdges 400SC, 500SC, and 600SC. I've also run Knoppix and LNX-BBC on an OptiPlex 110. I'd have Debian on it but I'm having troubles with the Debian Installer betas (which I haven't had time to investigate much). I haven't had any problems at all with any of these systems.

Michael