kernel messages in active virtual console

Hello,

I'm using a very default Debian 3.0r2 system. Every time something happens with my NIC's (plug 'em in and out a hub) this generates a message in the active virtual console. In /var/log/messages these messages are said to come from the kernel. How do I get those messages from my consoles? I tried /etc/syslog.conf, kill klogd, read doc's and man pages but I can't find the cause. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Greetz,

Serge Tensen

MSN Zoeken, voor duidelijke zoekresultaten! http://search.msn.nl