Re: problem with defoma and non-GTK/KDE apps

Arne Götje (高盛華) wrote:

> I have a very strange problem: [..] defoma [..] I'm running
> unstable and my locale is set to en_US.UTF-8.

I´m doing the same.

> So, I suspect defoma to be the culprit. Can someone confirm
> this problem?

Not exactly *this* problem, but I think there is something
wrong with defoma. I tried to install the Japanese fonts ms-gothic
and ms-mincho (not from Debian). Registered them with dfontmgr (as
best I could). The fonts are visible in xfontsel. They can be used
in almost all programs -- but not in Openoffice. A message on this
list (14 January by Chris Halls) suggests that "all fonts listed
by 'fc-list' will be available in OOo". But in my case ms gothic &
co. are listed by fc-list, and they are still not available in OOo.

I wish somebody'd come up with a "defoma for dummies"..

Regards, Jan