Re: Car Talk (wma9 stream) on Debian system?

On Tue, Feb 24, 2004 at 09:42:14PM -0500, Carl Fink wrote:
> However, they recently switched from Real to wma9 streaming formats, and
> nothing I can find will play their stream under Linux.  Their site claims
> mplayer will -- but the Marillat version at least, does not.  Neither will
> avifile-player (even with the Windows codecs) or xine.

Right before this change occurred I got an email from car talk asking
if anyone wanted to donate some Linux servers to run their web site.
When they changed and I was unable to listen due to their new format,
I promptly emailed them and let them know that something wasn't quite
right about relying on Linux and yet changing formats so that folks
using Linux couldn't listen to their material.

Ric