Re: Evolution oddness

On Tue, 2004-02-24 at 20:23, Andy Firman wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 24, 2004 at 05:40:05PM -0500, David Clymer wrote:
> > On Tue, 2004-02-24 at 15:33, Norman Walsh wrote:
> > > / Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com> was heard to say:

> > > Removing, purging, and reinstalling evolution didn't help.
> > >
> > > Neither did removing ~/.gnome* and ~/evolution and restarting (in a very
> > > default desktop :-).
> > >
> > > I wasn't surprised when the former didn't help, but I did expect the
> > > latter to help...
> > >

> > Looks like I'm having a similar problem with evolution 1.4.5. I didnt
> > really notice because I dont use the calendaring feature. Evolution is
> > also failing to shutdown correctly at times, usually after being open
> > for a significant amount of time (i think).
>
> This happened to me recently.  I run unstable.
>
> It is a library dependency problem.  I had the same issue
> with only seeing the Tasks and not the Calendar view.
>
> You need some gnome libraries.  Not sure exactly which ones....but I solved
> the problem by doing an apt-get install gnome or something like that
> to get as much gnome stuff as possible.  If you got the disk space,
> try it!  It should work.

Well, I'm absolutly sure that the problem I'm having does not have to do
with dependancies. I'm able to access the calendaring feature when
running evolution as a different user.

I fixed this problem by removing my ~/.gconf/apps/evolution folder and
rerunning the evolution config druid. So, my problem had something to do
with the evolution config, but as for what it was exactly, I have no
idea.

-davidc