Re: kernel 2.6.2, acpi, on_ac_power

On Tue, 2004-02-24 at 09:11 +0100, Erich Waelde wrote:

> you did "modprobe asus_acpi" as well, did you?

Yes, but that only yields me an empty /proc/acpi/asus. I am under the
impression that asus_acpi is only for certain Asus laptops. Mine is a
regular desktop though.
>From http://sourceforge.net/projects/acpi4asus/ :
"This project is a Linux kernel driver that allows owners of Asus
laptops to use all the functionality of their computers such as special
keys, special LEDs, brightness control, ... this project is included in
the Linux kernel (since 2.4.22 and 2.5.X)."

> I also had to add "acpi=on acpi_irq_balance acpi_irq_isa=3,12" to
> the boot options. I'm using an Asus M2400N notebook and stock
> 2.6.2-1-386 kernel.
>
> I got this from www.tuxmobil.com and references therein.

As above. Still, thanks :)