CD writing problems with latest kernels

Title: CD writing problems with latest kernels

Hi fellow Debian users,

Like others[1] I am experiencing problems CD burning problems with the latest
kernels: 2.4.24 with ide-scsi and 2.6.3 without ide-scsi. I am able to burn
again at 12-speed. Because of the complexity of the software involved I don't
know where to file a bug-report. Is something added to 2.6.3 and backported to
2.4.24 causing this? Is cdrecord to blame? Or is my configuration to blame?
Who is experiencing the same and has a clue what is happening?

Next to this very important problem, I also like to note that atm it is not
easy to mix 2.4 and 2.6 in Sarge. I need different /etc/modules files for 2.4
and 2.6. 2.4 needs ide-scsi loaded and 2.6 won't mount nfs with autofs without
a autofs4 entry (otherwise it will load the autofs module, which fails to
mount nfs). 2.6 needs mousedev and psmouse modules before loading X, 2.4
doesn't.

Regards,

Paul Frederiks

[1] http://lists.debian.org/debian-user/2004/debian-user-200402/msg03696.html