Re: PostgreSQL upgrade (7.3->7.4) failed: need a up to date dump

Dear Oliver,

I did that using
dpkg-reconfigure postgresql

()Where should the PostgreSQL database be created? [default taken]
() Should the data be purged as well as the package files? yes {since I have the dump file, its ok to purge everything}
:-) What character encoding should the database use by default? 3
:-) Which should be the default style for presenting dates? 3
:-) Choose European or US day/month order in dates. 1
:-! Should automatic database upgrades be attempted? yes
le dump be created during an upgrade? /var/lib/postgres
preserved during an upgrade? /var/lib/postgres/preserve

However, when reinstalling using
dpkg -i postgresql_7.4.1-3.i386.deb
the same problem occur.

Many thanks for your help,