Re: Unable to mount cdroms in linux 2.6.3

On Monday 23 February 2004 12:08 pm, Jeff Elkins wrote:
>Using sid:
>
>I just recompiled 2.6.3 and removed ide-scsi, adjusted lilo.conf and
> rebooted for some tests. Any attempt to use k3b made the system unstable,
> then eventually freeze.
>
>Burning a cdr worked fine from the console, but burning a dvd-rw failed with
>debian's cdrecord. I didn't try cdrecord-prodvd, nor did I try a dvd+rw with
>growisofs.

Update: Removing the k3b entries in the .kde directory seemed to solve the k3b
problem. I'm assuming that it contained pointers to ide-scsi that confused
the code, since ide-scsi wasn't loaded. I just used it to burn an audio CD
and all was well.

Schilling's cdrecord-prodvd and growisofs both seem to work with dvd-rw and
dvd+rw discs.

Jeff