Module load order / ALSA sound

OK.

On boot I have the following in /etc/modutils/pwc

post-install pwc /sbin/insmod --force /lib/modules/usb/pwcx.o >/dev/null 2>&1  || :

Alsa starts after this and comments in the boot that Alsa appears to
be staticly compiled (I guess it's finding the modules already
loaded).

Once boot is complete - alsamixer shows one mixer - the mic mixer for
usbaudio.

If I drop the pwc, pwcx and videodev modules and then restart alsa I
get the correct sound system (an Intel 82801CA-ICH3 card using the
intel8x0).

I can then re-load the pwc modules.

Two questions - 1) how to get this ordering sorted out or 2) Can alsa
cope with both cards at the same time (using the intel card for output
but supporting the mic on the webcam) ? If so - how do I go about
configuring this?

Regards

--
Chris Searle