Re: Unable to cdroms in linux 2.6.3

Jeff Elkins wrote:

On Monday 23 February 2004 3:49 am, stephen parkinson wrote:
John L Fjellstad wrote:
David Baron <d_baron@012.net.il> writes:
like. Under 2.6.*, you need /dev/scd0. Both can coexist until one is
ready to leave 2.4.2* forever. K3B (KDE burner) wants all CD burners
to mount to a / cdwriter directory. One can additionally mount to
/mnt/cd0, etc. for normal file operations. A longer fstab, that's all.
That's weird. I don't believe I ever used /dev/scd? for my ide cdroms,
and I haven't had any problems burning cds (although I haven't tested
K3B yet).  I usually use devfs (and testing udev now with 2.6), and scd?
have never showed up as a node at my place (with the ide cdrom. On my
scsi cdrom system, I do use /dev/scd?, I think).
would you please try k3b and report your findings?
here 2.6.3 with hdc=cdrom hdd=cdrom in grub/menu.list

it used to report cannot find cdrecord and yes i have seen the
posts about wrapper script, now it hangs on scanning scsi bus

cdrecord --scanbus reports the drives however

all very strange, xcdroast initially sees 4 cdroms, 2 scsi 2 ide, a rescan
reduces it to two and it burns cdroms still

stephen

I'm experiencing the SCSI-bus hang with 2.6.3 -- I dropped back to 2.6.1 and k3b works fine...

oh piffle, back to 2.6.1 then, kernel.org there i go
i'd just tidied /usr/src & /boot as well

stephen