Re: Scoring up unstable security fixes in my /etc/apt/preferences:

Paul Johnson <baloo@ursine.ca> writes:

> On Sat, Feb 21, 2004 at 04:37:14PM +0100, Niels L. Ellegaard wrote:
> > Is it possible to configure my /etc/apt/preferences in such a way that
> > I automatically upgrade a package from testing to unstable whenever
> > this can save me from a security problem?
>
> apt pinning to testing should do the trick.  I don't recommend
> having stable in your sources.list and move up any packages that are
> straggling.

Thank you for you answer. However I have a feeling that you
misunderstood me.

I am already apt-pinning to testing and this works fine. However I
feel that testing is not enough for me, because the security team does
not produce fixes for testing. (At least it is seldom)

Instead I use the Debian website to discover if any of my programs has
a security problem. Whenever I discover a problem I upgrade the
insecure package to unstable

  apt-get install insecure-package/unstable

I am getting a little tired of having to look at the Debian website
every day. Therefore I would like to configure apt in such a way that
I automatically update insecure packages to unstable. Is this
possible?

                        Thanks in advance

                                Niels

--