Re: [OT?] Re: PostScript -> samba -> PDF -> email attachment

Mark Roach wrote:

On Sat, 2004-02-21 at 00:19 -0800, Mike Fedyk wrote:

I'm going to setup PDF printing, instead of Adobe Acrobat Pro to generate PDFs for my users.

I assume this means that your users are on Windows, right? If that is
the case, you should check out redmon. That would almost certainly be
easier than writing a new cups driver. See http://www.dominux.co.uk/
ghostscript.html for more info.

Hmm, interesting. It's good to know it can be done easily in a windows-only shop.

But I'm not interested in installing that on all of my workstations.

I'm more looking for a solution that uses cups/lprng/lpr to queue to ps2pdf then to a file that will be emailed to the user.

If there are scripts already in debian I'd like to use them, or extend them for my needs.

Thanks,

Mike