Re: NEC DiamondPoint V50LCD panel flickers under X 4.2.1-12.1 (testing)

Finally following up on my own, lonely, unanswered message, in case anyone
finds it in the archive and has a similar problem.

After weeks of running at 800x600 because I was too busy or lazy to spend
time on the problem, I visited the NEC/Mitsubishi site and read their
troubleshooting guide.  It recommends a shielded video cable.  That fixed
it.

Mind you, the panel's cable is permanently attached, but adding a six-foot
shielded extension solved the problem.  I speculate that the original
unshielded cable was hanging too close to the fan motor, but that's a pure
guess.  In any case, problem solved.
--
Carl Fink             carl@fink.to
Jabootu's Minister of Proofreading