Re: Home Mail Server

* Peter A. Cole (peteracole@bigpond.com) [040219 03:24]:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm trying to set up a home mail server here (have had previous posts re:
> Exim) and I've discovered I now need to concentrate on sendmail due to
> wanting to utilise the benefits of mimedefang.

I'm not sure about all of the features of mimedefang, but are you aware
of exiscan-acl?  It's included in the exim4-daemon-heavy package and can
do MIME-based checking (among other things, e.g. virus/spam scanning) at
SMTP time.

good times,
Vineet
--
http://www.doorstop.net/
--

Hi Vineet,

No I didn't realise that at all!

I was only aware of spamassassin and from looking around with this found out
about mimedefang, which will also use clamav for virus checking.

Does exiscan-acl also incorporate these two items or does it handle them
differently? I might have a look around for exiscan-acl info and see how it
works etc.

Thanks,

Pete