Home Mail Server

Hi all,

I'm trying to set up a home mail server here (have had previous posts re:
Exim) and I've discovered I now need to concentrate on sendmail due to
wanting to utilise the benefits of mimedefang.

Anyway, what I really need is a pointer in the direction of some
documentation or advice on whether or not to use mailboxes under home
folders or just to let the messages go to /var/mail/username.

My goal is to have mail delivered to my server via fetchmail, then have
procmail deliver to each user's mailbox, and to have outgoing mail sent via
sendmail to my ISP's smarthost and the headers etc. rewritten to their
correct domain provided by my ISP.

Also, I want local delivery to occur without going via my ISP's mail server.

I won't actually be reading any mail on the mail server, instead will be
using clients to retrieve mail from the server by POP3. I plan to use
qpopper for this.

All the documentation I can find so far points towards using home directory
based mailboxes, but this seems to be for mail read on that particular
machine, which in this case will be my mail server.

I hope I've made sense with what I want to do, but can anyone either point
me to some clear documentation or give me some advice? I'm sure I'm not the
only one out there doing this.

Oh, and yes I've attempted to find as much info as I could before posting
this. I've confused myself with manpages, FAQ's, mailing list archives,
Google searches, etc. More than likely I've just been searching for the
wrong thing...

Any help greatly appreciated,

Pete