Re: installing debian with floppies on laptop

Incoming from tripolar:
> I need to install debian on a laptop ( no OS installed ) with a bad
> dvd-rom drive. I would like to get network up to do network install.
> Laptop is Toshiba satellite 1805-s203.
> Etherfast 10/100 PC Card Linksys ( PCMPC100 )

That should be supported out of the box by the stock install
floppies.  Support for it may disappear once you reboot, but
recompiling the kernel gets it back.

Or, that's what it was like for me a couple of years ago.  This may
since have changed.

Note, you have to say yes to cardbus even if your cards/slots aren't
cardbus.  This is detailed in /usr/src/linux/documentation...

> Not sure how to find floppy with drivers for either card??

I believe it uses the "ne" driver.

- -